Thursday, September 17, 2009

Compassion

When did the compassion of a teacher make a difference in my life or in the life of my classmate
Looking back, I've seen compassion come in and out of my classroom experiences ever since I can remember. I can remember instances where my teachers were very insensitive but I also remember instances where my teachers were extremely understanding, or compassionate. I had a teacher in third grade named Ms. Benz who not only was my teacher, but she also worked for the Vikings football team as a type of manager. She made me feel like we were friends. I don't know how she did it, but I felt special in her eyes. If there was ever a time that I felt I was having a bad day or if I was left out by a group of girls, she would be there giving encouragement. Who knows what kind of lasting affect her compassionate nature has had on me, but it can't have been negative. I look upon her fondly in my memory. It's people like that in our early years that encourage us to be compassionate too, I believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment